This material (including images) is copyrighted!.
See my copyright notice for fair use
|equivalance principle ||General Relativity ||gravitational lens
|gravitational redshift ||spacetime ||Special Relativity
- When are the unusual effects predicted by the Special
Relativity theory particularly noticeable? Has this theory been
tested? If yes, how so? If not, why not?
- What two things change when objects move at high speeds?
- How does the speed of light depend on the observer's location
- Why is the speed of light the fastest that anything can
- How does the equivalance principle lead to the conclusion
that spacetime is warped?
- What did Einstein predict would happen to a light ray passing
close to a massive object?
- When are the unusual effects predicted by the
General Relativity theory particularly noticeable? Have
astronomers been able to
test this theory of Einstein? If yes, how so? If not, why not?
- How is Einstein's theory of gravity the same as Newton's law of
Go back to previous section
last updated: 17 May 2001
Is this page a copy of Strobel's
Author of original content: