This material (including images) is copyrighted!.
See my copyright notice for fair use
|helioseismology ||luminosity ||neutrino
|nuclear fusion ||proton-proton chain ||solar neutrino problem
- How does nuclear fusion produce energy?
- Why does nuclear fusion need high temperatures and densities?
- Why is it so hard to develop nuclear fusion as a dependable power source
- Why will chemical reactions or gravitational contraction not work for
powering the Sun?
- What is the net result of the nuclear fusion chain process? Why does
nature use the complicated chain process instead of a one-step fusion procedure?
- Where are neutrinos produced? What information can
they tell you about interior conditions in the Sun?
- What was the solar neutrino problem? How was the problem solved and what are the implications of that solution?
- How can you use pulsations of the Sun to find out about the structure and
composition of its interior?
Go back to previous section --
Go to next section
June 7, 2010
Is this page a copy of Strobel's
Author of original content: